Single Electrode and Proximity Driver for Smaller Displays. Operates On 12-14 Volt Wall Adapters. Suitable for Home Installations. Simple to Hook Up And Operate. Low Cost and Highly Reliable.
Intended for smaller displays. Suitable for use in the home (when done by a qualified installer).
• Input: 12-14vdc, 1000 ma (14DC/1G adapter, sold separately if needed)
• Output: 7kv open circuit at 10 ma short circuit
• Open frame with potted transformer 5 x 1-1/4"
• Lights over 12 feet of 12 mm tubing from a single electrode
• Excellent for small plasma globes and other gas filled figurines, "luminglass" plates and other small gas filled objects.
Runs natively from 12VDC, but our 14DC/1G wall adapter is available if needed (with grounded third pin to eliminate the external ground wire often necessary for larger single-ended displays) to run off 110VAC wall power.
Open frame with potted transformer 5 x 1-1/4". Lights over 12 feet of 12 mm tubing from a single electrode. Excellent for small plasma globes and other gas-filled figurines; powers up to 12' display tubes, "luminglass" plates and other small gas-filled objects.
This also works as a bare-bones power supply for spectrum tubes, for those wanting to build their own housing.
Please Contact Sales for Volume Discounts
Single Electrode And Proximity Powered: Special Effects Applications
For the Neon Artist Working With Specialized Gas Displays -- Eliminates Those Unsightly Ground Return Wires
Single electrode drivers need only one electrode to power a display. This is a great advantage when attempting to avoid unsightly power return wires used on artistic and special designed systems. Units operate on the electrical capacitance of the discharge tube and require positive grounding for optimum performance. These drivers will operate all gas discharge displays up to their rated sizes.
Suggested Wall Adapters for 115VAC Use:
12DC/2AR - 12vdc/2A 115 vac Wall Adapter
14DC/1G - 14vdc/1A Adapter with Grounding Pin for Single End Displays
* Use this 14V wall adapter if the NEON21/MINIMAX70 transformer will be used for a single ended NEON GAS display for special effects: this is where the neon tube is powered with only one wire and the return of the energy is via the capacitance of the gas and the surrounding air eventually going to earth ground. This mode absolutely requires the use of our 14DC/1G, a 3-pin internally grounded wall adapter for this capacitive ground current to return back to the power supply source.