The attractively designed weather station can be completely set up and ready to use in just minutes. It displays not only the weather data but also calculates the weather forecast for your immediate area and registers wind speeds as well as rainfall. It also provides you with other interesting information, such as the current phase of the moon, sunrise and sunset times, weather trends, room climate and more.
To find out quickly what the weather is going to be like, all you have to do is take a look at what kind of clothes Wiz Kid is wearing. Whether swim suit or scarf and umbrella, the Wiz Kid has over 50 variations for dressing appropriately for the weather just outside your door. As soon as it begins to rain and the sensor detects it, the Wiz Kid informs you by appearing with an opened umbrella - you don't even have to look outside to know. The large well-organised LCD, super flat and housed in the elegant silver-blue base station, shows you all of the important weather data in graphic and numeric formats when in normal mode. Other functions are easily accessed using only five buttons.
|Greatly contributing to the accuracy of the weather data is the new E9301 radio combi-sensor. It is fitted onto a mast that can be placed in the ground and works similarly to professional devices used in industrial applications. For example the outdoor temperature is measured in the same way as professional meteorologists: 6 feet above ground and shielded from sunlight.
In addition, the combi-sensor can be set up any place up to a distance of 300 ft. from the base station without having to lay cables or drill holes. Up to 8 additional locations can be used to place the E9305 sensors to measure the temperature and relative humidity and have the data sent wirelessly via radio to the weather station using low disturbance 433 MHz technology.
- Radio transmission: 433 MHz radio transmission linking all sensors
- Temperature: Up to 9 sensors can be connected, two temperature values are shown concurrently, 1 indoor and 1 selectable outdoor temperature, resolution 0.18 °F, accuracy ±1.8 °F; display unit: T, dew point (indoors) and windchill display (indoors/outdoors), comfort zone indicator for indoor display
- Relative humidity: Up to 9 sensors can be connected, two humidity values are shown concurrently, resolution 1%, accuracy ±5 %
- Air pressure trend: Display using five arrows (rising, rising steeply, dropping, steeply dropping, no change)
- Air pressure history: Display using bar chart, up to 24-hour tracking
- Rainfall: Range 0 to 999 mm, display total since last reset, last 24 hrs. or 1 hr., display in mm, l/m2, resolution < 0.3 mm
- Wind speed: Display selectable as km/hr., m/hr. or m/s, resolution 0.06 m/hr., wind sock icon for light, moderate and strong wind
- Sunrise and sunset: Selectable display of individual locations
- Moon phase: Display of the current moon phase in four stages
- Time & date: Quartz clock
- Weather forecast: With weather icons: sunny, fair, cloudy, rainy, and Wiz Kid's choice of clothing
- Extensive memory options: Min./max. values with time & date
- Independent of house curent: Base station, 4x AA batteries;
- Battery operated: (2 x AA) for use in dark and low-light locations
- Temperature: Measurement range: -4 to +176 °F Resolution: 0.18 °F - Accuracy: ±1.8 °F
- Humidity: Range: 20.0 to 99.9 % RH, Resolution: 0.1 % RH, Accuracy: ±8 %