High Power Automatic Programmable Charger, adjustable output of 4000 to 10000 volts. May also be used as a current source power supply.
Intended to charge up energy storage capacitors for single event discharges like kinetic weapons, wire exploding, can crushing, explosives metal forming, fracking, and other applications where high peak electrical energy is required in the form of a high brisance explosive like discharge. Units are built with safety as priority and are intended for the professional researcher and hobbyist /student aware of high voltage circuitry and safety. Chargers are used in several of our high power impulse discharge circuits. (See video downloads.)
High power electronic circuit charges up capacitors from 4000 to 10000 volts at recommended capacities from 1 ufd and upwards. Example: Charging a 1000 ufd capacitor to 5000 volts equates out to over 12,500 joules!
- Units are each voltage programmable by the charge voltage control on the front panel.
- A charge rate control allows adjustment of charging current/charging time and is especially useful when charging smaller capacitance values (new feature!).
- A meter monitors the charge voltage as it builds to the preset value and then stops.
- A push button starts the charging; a second push button aborts the charging.
- A selector switch allows manual or automatic charging. Manual charging is where charging ceases once the preset value is reached, and operator must push the charge button to maintain the preset voltage. Automatic charging keeps the capacitor indefinitely at the preset value; capacitors automatically charge to and maintain this voltage until discharged, where the cycle repeats (pushing the "stop" button will end the charging cycle).
- A safety lamp displays any charge over 70 volts that remains on the capacitors.
- Charging is lossless and does not use a resistor for current control. It is controlled by our unique circuitry.
- Input power can be either 115/230 VAC power. Charging rate is > 200 to 400 watt-sec.
- Size is 10.5 x 7 x 3.75" and weight is about 5 pounds.
You can see this product in new video action:
Please contact us for any charging requirements for other output values and options.