|PVM500 Plasma Power Generator for Conventional and Complex Loads
|Circuitry produces up to 300 watts with independent voltage, current, and frequency adjustment.
ADVANCED CIRCUITRY TUNES OUT CAPACITIVE LOADS, ALLOWING MAXIMUM POWER
Duty Cycle Writeup
Unit is intended for the experimenter to experienced researcher working in plasma research physics or other similar fields.
This reliable and flexible medium power Plasma Driver tunes out external capacitance to efficiently drive light capacitive loads, allowing high real power operation of gas displays, chemical, ion, plasma, ozone cells, vessels, transducers and other research functions. To achieve an equivalent effect without a unit having these capacitance-tuning properties would require an extremely high output voltage. Instead, this is accomplished by simple resonance and observation of when the meter rises to indicate the point of capacitance cancellation in complex loads. You will find this device highly valuable in this type of research. Output power may be adjusted from 10 to 300 watts, and it runs on standard 115V AC wall power (or 220 volts with optional step down transformer).
Conventional non reactive loads such as plasma devices with internal electrodes or for driving Jacob’s ladders, voltage multipliers, arc generators, neon tubing and other similar devices usually do not require resonant operation.
Other applications of this device include use as a high powered driver for single ended and proximity gas display tubes, plasma globes and other vessels. Checking for potential damaging resonances in large gas displays, or to indicate the power required for a particular display. May be used for sputtering, plasma etching, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) coating, and physical vapor deposition (PVD) coating, electro-chemical reactions, HHO gas production, and many other research functions.
Will tune out capacitive loads of 25 to 200 pfd (these can be ozone, chemical, and plasma cells, gas ionizing and igniting, etc.).
Advanced Circuitry Features
- Independent voltage control from zero to maximum output of 30kV pk-pk
- Independent current control from 5% to maximum output while maintaining voltage setting using duty cycle function circuitry
- Independent frequency control from 20 kHz to 70 kHz
- Large 3" ammeter monitors AC line current, indicates resonance peaking
- Tune out the capacitance that is often a problem found in indirect capacitive coupling to plasma systems
- Non resonant voltage 0-10kV rms for direct connections to gas vessels with internal electrodes
- Excellent for driving many types of transducers
- Maximum output power over 300 watts
- Short circuit proof by built-in leakage reactance
- 120vac 50/60 Hz input (240 vac versions available with auto step down transformer, below)
- Can be used to power the smallest to the largest neon/plasma displays
- Measures 7" x 4" x 10" and weighs less than 5 pounds
- BNC jack for monitoring frequency output
- BNC jack for TTL control
- 2500-turn coil is included on basic unit, tunes up to 25 pfd between 20-65 kHz
Additional secondaries are available for those who need to go 1nf, 10nf, 100nf and >1µfd capacitances.
Please contact us with your requirements if your cell capacitance does not fall within our standard ranges, or if you have any questions on the applications or use of this device.